10 Reasons why another Mass Amnesty would be devastating to America
Updated March 16, 2013
Liberal, progressive, and globalist “leaders” in both parties in Washington are once again calling for a mass amnesty (legalization) of 12-20 million illegal aliens currently living and hiding in the U.S.
Here is why all American citizens and conservative/pro-America groups must fight to stop any federal amnesties in Congress, especially in the House of Representatives:
1. Legalizing over 8 million illegal foreign workers while over 20 million Americans are out of work would devastate the U.S. workforce and ensure high unemployment for years or decades to come. We don’t need any more foreign workers; we need those 8 million jobs that have been stolen by illegal workers for American workers in order to save the U.S. economy. Remember, only 4% of illegal alien workers work in agriculture. The other 96% of illegal workers are working jobs traditionally held by low-medium skilled American workers and legal immigrants. Those are our jobs, period.
2. The last mass amnesty in 1986 was a total disaster. The liberals who pushed it through promised tough border security and enforcement in exchange for amnesty of about 3 million illegals, but they lied and then allowed tens of millions of new illegal aliens to enter the U.S. and stay in the past 27 years. There has been almost no effort to stop the flow, deport illegals when caught, or punish employers who openly hire them.
3. Many illegal aliens are poor and uneducated and a burden on government social and welfare resources. Taxpayers currently spend about $113 Billion per year ($22 Billion in California alone) on illegal aliens (education, medication, incarceration, welfare, etc.). Legalizing illegal aliens makes that taxpayer burden permanent on our already ailing Federal, state, and local government budgets and economies.
4. The U.S. allows in more LEGAL immigrants per year than all other countries of the world combined – over 1 million per year. The U.S. cannot absorb and legalize tens of millions more immigrants, especially unknown illegal aliens, many with criminal records from their home countries.
5. Mexican-Americans and legal immigrants do not want open borders and amnesty. That is a big lie and an insult to them to claim that they support illegal immigration. Americans of all ethnicities overwhelmingly in every poll want our borders secured and our laws enforced to deal with the illegal immigration crisis in America. Immigration is not a top issue for “Latino voters” and never has been. Those are left wing and corporate media myths and lies pushed by the pro-amnesty groups and extremists.
6. Rewarding law breakers for their numerous crimes they have committed after entering our country illegally is morally and ethically wrong and punishes legal immigrants for waiting and coming here the right way. Tolerating and rewarding law breakers leads to even more law breaking as well as chaos and a breakdown of the rule of law as our laws and law enforcement become meaningless.
7. Amnesty will create up to 20+ million new, permanent Democrat voters, effectively destroying our two party system as well as our Constitutional Republic. Poor illegals and immigrants from third world countries overwhelmingly lean socialist/big government and most of them will vote for the most liberal candidates who promise the most social benefits. Republican candidates for President have never done well with “Latino voters” over the past 30 years. Even after Reagan’s amnesty and George W. Bush’s promises of amnesty in 2004, Republicans were still not able to get more than about 35% of the “Latino vote”. That’s because most Latino voters don’t vote on immigration; the vast majority just vote liberal, just like the majority of gays, single women, poor people, etc. Pandering by the Left with promises of “social justice” and increased welfare benefits almost always trumps American freedom and liberty with most minority, immigrant, and special interest groups. Conservative politicians need to focus on the American/Constitutional vote, just like they traditionally have over the past 230 years.
8. Illegal aliens already have a de-facto amnesty under President Obama who is refusing to deport most illegal aliens contacted by ICE. Illegal aliens are free to return to their home counties at any time with no penalty (and many of them have gone home over the past few years due to our bad economy). There is absolutely no valid reason to legalize any illegal aliens who refuse to live in their home countries. There is no “crisis” or “broken immigration” system to fix. We just need to enforce our laws, the way Arizona, Georgia, South Carolina, and other states are doing with outstanding results. Foreigners must come here legally or go home. No one is above the law.
9. Any amnesties while our borders remain wide open will create a new wave of mass illegal immigration as new line jumpers come here for the next amnesty and to replace newly legalized workers in businesses who prefer off the books employment and know there is little chance of getting caught or paying any real penalties. Just as in ’86, amnesty doesn’t solve illegal immigration, it makes it worse, which means more deaths along the border and more abuse of the illegals in both the U.S. and Mexico.
10. About 85% of illegal aliens in the U.S. are Mexican citizens. Most Mexican and dual U.S.-Mexican citizens in the U.S. remain loyal to Mexico and even vote in Mexican elections. Legalizing illegals just creates a permanent balkanization of the Unites States with tens of millions of foreign citizens with foreign loyalties living on our soil and occupying American jobs.
Any mass amnesties, large or small, such as the so-called DREAM Act or the new Republican “Achieve Act”, would be extremely harmful to our country and our economy and must be defeated in Congress, just like all amnesties have been defeated over the past 15 years by the people. Either we all live under the rule of law and same set of rules or all of our laws are meaningless.
For more information and to fight the new amnesty push in Washington, go to www.NumbersUSA.com and www.fairus.org.